[FLASH-USERS] Destroying particles

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 1 09:09:58 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Seyit Hocuk <seyit at astro.rug.nl> wrote:

> Thanks Anshu,
>
> What exactly did you mean by time history?

By time history I mean the trajectory of the particle. Once you set its
block number to NONEXISTENT, that particle will no longer be output. I am
not entirely sure how the post processing will behave if a particle tag
disappears mid-way through a run. I can think of ways of getting around it,
but you may not need them.

For sorting the partiles, do you mean re-tag them?

> There is a routine called Grid_sortPartilcles, it moves the particles with
invalid block number to the end of the array and updates the local count of
particles to those with valid block numbers.