[FLASH-USERS] UNBIASED GEOMETRY in FLASH3

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 1 15:11:52 EDT 2011

Dan,

As best as I can make out it was overlooked during the transition. I am
looking at the code, and will get back to you soon.

Anshu

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Dan D'Orazio <dorazio at astro.columbia.edu>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am simulating an accretion disk in 2D polar coordinates. In the past the
> unbiased_geometry run-time parameter was crucial to keeping axisymmetry of
> a steady disk over many orbits (a test case). In FLASH3 the
> unbiased_geometry routine is not implemented. Does anyone know something
> about this? Has the unbiased_geometry routine been included without need
> of a runtime parameter in FLASH3, or is it removed completely? If it has
> been removed, what were the concerns that motivated its removal?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dan D'Orazio

Anshu Dubey
Associate Director and CS/Applications Group Leader          5747 S. Ellis
Avenue 3rd Flr.
Flash Center for Computational Science                                773
834 2999 (office)
Fellow, Computation
Institute                                                  312 420 0033
(mobile)
University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory        773 834 3230
(fax)