[FLASH-USERS] setup internal error

Alan Calder acalder at scotty.ess.sunysb.edu
Wed Aug 3 17:26:14 EDT 2011

Hello, All,

I am finding an internal setup error when I try to build a setup
that includes a burning network with the Flash4-alpha version of
the code. My machine is an Intel box with Fedora 10. If I setup the
Sod problem, it works fine. But if I try setting up the cellular, I
see an internal setup error. A little trial and error convinces
me that the problem comes with including a burning netork unit.
Thanks for any help!

Here's what I see:

-----snip-----

     physics/sourceTerms/Burn/BurnIntegrate
     physics/sourceTerms/Burn/BurnMain/nuclearBurn/Aprox13
Computing default values for options not specified on command line
generating Makefile

A setup internal error has occured, if possible please email the following
debugging info to flash-bugs at flash.uchicago.edu
Arguments:
['/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/setup.py',
'Cellular', '-2d', '-auto']
Python Version: 2.5.2
Platform Details: linux2
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/setup.py",
line 238, in <module>
     main()
   File "/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/setup.py",
line 173, in main
     generateMakefile(configInfo, machDir)
   File "/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/genFiles.py",
line 525, in generateMakefile
     configInfo['libConfigInfo'])
   File "/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/genFiles.py",
line 633, in setRedirectFlags
     args=args, makefilename=makefilename)
   File "/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/libUtils.py",
line 140, in getLibFlags
     self.makeBinary(libDir,base,makefilename)
   File "/home/acalder/flash_SNdet_hipacc/FLASH4-alpha_release/bin/libUtils.py",
line 223, in makeBinary
     os.symlink(makefilename,"Makefile.h")
OSError: [Errno 17] File exists
[acalder at ctsv FLASH4-alpha_release]$