[FLASH-USERS] Magnetic pressure in USM

dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 29 11:19:28 EDT 2011

Dear Seyit,

Yes, you are correct about the B-field initialization when you choose to use

   unitSystem = "none"

in flash.par for B-fields. "none" is default in FLASH, so unless specified
otherwise, it will be automatically be selected.

Also, note for example that if you initialize Bx=B_flash.par, By=Bz=0,
then the unit of your initial strength of B (or magnetic pressure) is
sqrt(4pi)*(B_flash.par)^2/2 in gauss.

The same goes for all your FLASH outputs, that is, your initial strength
in guass is sqrt(4pi)*B_checkpoint.

If you want to get yourself familiarized with unit systems (cgs, SI, none,
gauss) in electrodynamics, please let me know. I can send you a short note
on them.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Dongwook