[FLASH-USERS] Announcement of FLASH support in the analysis toolkit yt-2.0

John ZuHone jzuhone at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 27 22:43:44 EST 2011

Dear FLASH-users,

We're proud to announce the release of yt-2.0.  yt is an analysis and
visualization toolkit for handling astrophysical data.  yt is able to
conduct quantitative analysis such as arbitrary multi-dimensional
profiling, halo finding, detailed inspection of individual grid and
simulation objects, and visualizations such as projections, slices,
volume renderings, and off-axis projections.  yt is written in a
hybrid of Python and C, and the 2.0 release features initial support
for the FLASH code.  We are interested in engaging the FLASH
community, particularly in an effort to encourage cross-code
collaboration, validation and verification of results.

yt is available at http://yt.enzotools.org/ , where you will find the
user and developer mailing lists, the documentation, a tutorial and
the full source code.

For more information about getting started and how to load FLASH data in yt:

http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/orientation.html
http://yt.enzotools.org/doc/analyzing/loading_data.html#flash-data

We're very interested in ensuring that FLASH data is fully supported,
and we hope to hear from you -- success stories, complaints,
suggestions and bug reports are all welcome!

Sincerely,

The yt development team