[FLASH-USERS] Problem not going to zero radially in cylindrical coordinates

Dave Kirsh kirshdr at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 5 16:35:52 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I would like to set xmin != 0 in 3D cylindrical coordinates, so that the
radial coordinate (x, in cylindrical) doesn't go all the way to zero. I'm
doing a protoplanetary disk and I'm finding the timestep is far too short
with the grid going all the way to zero, and I want a nice boundary
condition for my disk's inner edge anyway. My problem is that the code is
crashing during initialization of the Grid. Nothing custom here, just the
standard FLASH3.3 code.
The stack at the crash is:
driver_initFlash > grid_initDomain > gr_expandDomain >
grid_markRefineDerefine > grid_fillGuardCells > amr_guardCell > amr_restrict
> mpi_amr_1blk_restrict > amr_block_geometry > amr_abort
So I guess the problem is restriction in the guard cells? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave Kirsh