[FLASH-USERS] the problem with the plugin

Zhang Chao walli1986 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 00:31:13 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I am a new guy to the VisIt.

I want to use it for the FLASH code. But I don¡¯t know how to build the plugin.

I follow the ¡°readme¡± in the directory ¡°FLASH¡±, and put the directory ¡°FLASH¡± in /home/walli/walli/. The VisIt is in the directory /home/walli/walli/visit2.2.

But I don¡¯t understand the ¡°BUILDING¡± step. The following is the step:

The first two of the three commands, below, are part of the VisIt release package, and are in <visit_dir>/bin.

Execute them in the order shown. They will build the plugin in this ¡°FLASH¡± directory, and install the plugin libraries in ~/.visit/<architecture>/plugins/databases.

   % xm12info ¨Cclobber FLASH.xml

   % xm12makefile ¨Cclobber FLASH.xml

   % make

I don¡¯t know which directory I should type the command ¡°xm12info ¨Cclobber FLASH.xml¡±. When I type it in the directory ¡°FLASH¡±, it tells me that:

[walli at node01 FLASH]$ xm12info -clobber FLASH.xml

-bash: xm12info: command not found

When I type it in the directory/home/walli/walli/visit2.2/bin, it tells me that:

[walli at node01 bin]$ xml2info -clobber FLASH.xml

-bash: xml2info: command not found

So I really don¡¯t know where to type the commands. Could you help me about it?

My system is CentOS 5.5 (linux).

Best wishes,

Zhang Chao