[FLASH-USERS] Using guard cell corners... bad?

Kevin Olson Kevin.M.Olson at drexel.edu
Thu Mar 3 12:59:46 EST 2011

Dear Aaron,

There is a way to force PARAMESH to fill the corners cells correctly.

Here is how it is done in PARAMESH:

mype = local process no.
iopt = 1
nguard = total no. of guardcells

diagonals = .true.  ! This is what tells the guardcell filling to ensure that diagonal cells are filled correctly
call amr_guardcell (mype, iopt, nguard)

The key here is to set the 'diagonals' variables to be true.

You may need to dig into the FLASH code a bit to find exactly where and how they ulitmately call the guardcell filling routine and modify that.
Note that this will not work with PARAMESH v2 !!!

Best,
Kevin Olson