[FLASH-USERS] MPI_RECV buffer-error: BUG fixed in .../hdf5/serial/PM/io_writeData.F90

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 28 15:07:20 EST 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Marco Mazzuoli wrote:

> Probably you already know it, but I found a bug at line 794 of the file .../FLASH4-alpha_release/source/IO/IOMain/hdf5/serial/PM/io_writeData.F90:
>
> <                      NXB*(NYB+1)*NZB*localNumBlockst, &
>
> >                      NXB*NYB*(NZB+1)*localNumBlockst, &
>
> otherwise the variable buffer doesn't match.

Marco,

Thank you for reporting this error.  I found that it still exists in our
most recent code; we will fix it as you suggested.

I did not find this problem in "parallel" implementations of
io_writeData.F90.

It seems that this code error would only cause a problem when all of the
following conditions were satisfied:
   1)   NDIM == 3
   2)   face variables in use
        (i.e., probably using MHD_StaggeredMesh Hydro implementation)
   3)   NYB different from NZB
   4)   using serial HDF5 IO with a PARAMESH grid

This may explain why it has escaped detection up to now.