[FLASH-USERS] fixed boundary condition

Asif ud-Doula auu4 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 5 16:52:50 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,
I am a regular user of Zeus-MP, but I have decided to try out FLASH4-a.
To start with a very simple problem, I wanted to simulate a colliding
wind scenario in 2D in Cartesian coordinates wherein two opposing flows
with fixed density and equal speed collide. But when I wanted to set the
boundary condition to 'fixed', I was quite surprised that FLASH did not
have it. It has 'outflow', 'reflect' and several sophisticated boundary
conditions, but seems to be missing the simple 'fixed' condition. Am I
missing something here? Or did anyone already write a subroutine for
fixed b.c.. I appreciate your help in this.
Asif