[FLASH-USERS] hdf5 library locally installed

chris cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 5 22:52:17 EDT 2012

Hi Kyujin,

It does not matter where you install HDF5.  I suspect that you are
trying to link 32-bit FLASH object files against a 64-bit HDF5.  You
can check by running

 > file /home/kkwak/hdf5_serial/lib/libhdf5.so
and then
 > file Driver_evolveFlash.o
(where Driver_evolveFlash.o is in your FLASH object directory)

If they are different then you should build the HDF5 library with your
commercial compiler, e.g. for Intel C compiler

(serial)
 > CC=icc ./configure --prefix=/home/kkwak/hdf5/intel/serial

(parallel)
 > CC=mpicc ./configure --enable-parallel
--prefix=/home/kkwak/hdf5/intel/parallel

where mpicc is in your PATH and is the MPI wrapper script for your
commercial compiler.

or if you have an exotic commercial compiler that fails to build HDF5
then you can try a 32-bit gcc build (no guarantees that this will
work) using:

 > CFLAGS='-O2 -m32' ./configure --prefix=/home/kkwak/hdf5/gcc-32/serial

Chris