[FLASH-USERS] Boundary condition problem

Markus Haider markus.haider at uibk.ac.at
Mon Aug 13 08:18:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am doing cosmological simulations of galaxy clusters with Flash 3.3.
In my current setup, I use a PPM solver for the hydro part and want to
use the Multigrid solver for gravity.

In the flash.par I defined the hydro boundary conditions to be "outflow"
and for the grav_boundary_type I specified "periodic". However, when I
start flash I then get the error message

      gr_hgMapBcType: Unexpected boundary condition requested for WORK
             array!
      Calling MPI_Abort() for shutdown in   2 seconds!

Is this expected behaviour? The file which is responsible for the error
is source/Grid/GridSolvers/Multigrid/gr_hgMapBcType.F90. Inspection of
it shows, that in the case statements around line 180 there is no case
for MG_BND_PERIODIC, is there a reason for this? If I would put a case
for periodic boundaries there, would everything work as expected?

Thanks for your help,
Markus