[FLASH-USERS] Multispecies heterogeneous set up with USM

Robert Crowston rhc504 at york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 29 13:27:55 EDT 2012

Hi, when using the unstaggered mesh MHD solver, is it possible to specify
that different species start in different places in space? I am trying to
model the explosion of an aluminium (say) foil into a magnetised hydrogen
gas. I've been looking at the LaserSlab example problem to understand how
to configure different species. As I understand it, the calls to
Grid_putPointData( ..., ..., YE_MSCALAR, ..., zbar/abar) and similarly with
SUMY_MSCALAR are setting up the mass fractions in these blocks. Is that
right? But I don't know how to get these constants defined with USM.

Thanks for your help!
Rob Crowston