[FLASH-USERS] flash2.5 in kraken

John ZuHone jzuhone at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 10 16:03:11 EDT 2012

Hi Diego,

.DS_Store files are files that Mac OS X creates for its HFS+ filesystem. Did you copy over the FLASH directory tree from OS X? If so, you need to delete these files manually because the FLASH 2.5 setup script is not savvy enough to avoid them.

You will need to load the hdf5 module, and if you are going to run on many processors it should be the hdf5-parallel module:

module load hdf5-parallel

or for serial:

module load hdf5

Depending on what compiler you are using, you may need to load the compiler module as well. I think PGI is the default, but there are also GNU and Intel, I believe.

Best,

John