[FLASH-USERS] flash2.5 in kraken

John ZuHone jzuhone at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 10 18:57:10 EDT 2012

Hi Diego,

Which compiler to use is mostly a matter of your choice, depending on if you need compiler-specific optimizations or not. pgi is the compiler loaded by default, and I have had no issues with it (though I don't run on Kraken anymore).

As I mentioned in my previous email, you need to have the hdf5-parallel module loaded:

module load hdf5-parallel

From what I remember the proper hdf5 library for your compiler will be automatically loaded.

Pasted below is an example batch script, which runs on 192 processors for 4 hours.

For more information on Kraken (including batch script options) please see http://nics.tennessee.edu/computing-resources/kraken.

Best,

John

#!/bin/bash
#PBS -A your allocation number
#PBS -l size=192,walltime=04:00:00
#PBS -N your_job_name
#PBS -j oe

# the previous line combines stdout and stderr

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR
aprun -n 192 ./flash2 >> flash.out