[FLASH-USERS] IO_write/readUserArray

Massimo Gaspari gaspmax at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:14:46 EST 2012

Hi guys,

I have taken as template IO_writeUserArray.F90 and IO_readUserArray.F90of the StirTurb unit. I have 2 problems.

1) They seem to work well with IO hdf5 parallel on a local small cluster.However on Pleiades NAS cluster, the code hangs for several minutes during the creation of the *chk file. This problem drastically increases with the number of processors. Any hint or solution for HPC systems?

2) In order to avoid parallel IO, I want to use serial IO. However,  IO_writeUserArray.F90 and IO_readUserArray.F90(and the call to io_h5write/read_generic_*) crashes with HDF5 error: Invalid Argument to Routine.

Have you ever tried to use IO_write/readUserArray for the standard serial IO?

Thanks in advance.

  Max