[FLASH-USERS] Nupdates per sec and dt

Massimo Gaspari gaspmax at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:35:56 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

Very short question.I would like to know your experience regarding the total number of cell updates per time-step per second(and per processor). You can roughly calculate it via

Nupdate = ( <number_cells_box>/ (total_run_time/total_number_time-steps) ) /#processors

Please specify if you are using only Hydro (split/unsplit), or Hydro+Gravity, MHD, etc.I am not interested in the CPU scaling here, I am interested in the overall performance of the code per second and time-step.

I was wondering if the developers have already some kind of table like that.

Cheers,
  Max