[FLASH-USERS] Burn Network Species Selection

Aaron Froese aaron.froese at generalfusion.com
Tue Sep 4 14:15:08 EDT 2012

Hi Raph,

He3 was a typo, I meant He4.  I'm trying to develop my own burn network for fusion experiments (D,T,He3,He4,Li6,Li7), so I need to understand how the existing burn networks function.  The bn_networkRates.F90 file includes the following reactions for He4, C12 and O16.

!!  reactions are
!!  r1616 = o16+o16      rcag  = c12(ag)
!!  r1212 = c12+c12      r3a   = 3a-c12       rg3a  = c12-3a
!!  roga  = o16(ga)      roag  = o16(ag)
!!  rcpg  = c12(pg)      ropg  = o16(pg)

And the Config file has the following section commented out.

# Three gases needed in simulation, but these are defined in Burn module
#SPECIES HE4
#SPECIES C12
#SPECIES O16

Considering that the Cellular problem produces oxygen from an initial population of carbon only, I would expect that to remain the case even when all the heavier elements are removed, no?

Aaron