[FLASH-USERS] Problem at refinement region boundary

Markus Haider markus.haider at uibk.ac.at
Tue Sep 18 07:45:24 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 2012-09-17 23:44, Klaus Weide wrote:
> Markus,
> These warnings are produced when some variables (in his case, internal
> energy) are found to be lower than a lower bound - in this case, given
> by the runtime parameter 'smalle'. Is your 'smalle' value appropriate
> for your simulation? If appropriate, are the values shown in the
> warnings significantly lower than smalle, or only a little bit? (The
> latter could be acceptable if it is just a small bit of undershooting
> introduced in interpolation at fine-coarse boundaries.)
Smalle is set to 1E8 and values in the warning are around 9E7. I think
this should be appropriate for a galaxy cluster simulation, so probably
this is unrelated.
> Since the relationship between density, temperature, eint etc. is
> given by the EOS - which Eos implementation are you suing?

I used "physics/Eos/EosMain/Multigamma" but also tried running my code
without different species and used the normal "Gamma" implementation but
this did not change things. In the flash.par file I set the eosMode to
"dens_ie".