[FLASH-USERS] Some questions about the new Flash.

Christopher Daley cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 25 14:15:32 EDT 2012

Hi Giovanny,

> 1. I had noted that VISIT 2.5 can not read the *plt* (plotpoint files) from FLASH4.0. The checkpoint can read no problem (*chk*) but these files are heavy. This is not a bug in VISIT 2.5 (the people-Visit check the code and not found any problem)...  it can be a problem with the reader of new FLASH4.0 for Visit ??

I have just run a 2d Sedov problem with FLASH4.0 and am able to read
the generated plot files fine with visit-2.3.2 and visit-2.5.1 (and my
work colleague could also open plot files with his local installation
of 2.5.0).

How does visit-2.5.0 fail for you?  Maybe you can learn more by
launching visit with "visit -debug 5".

What FLASH setup line did you use?  This will tell me the
dimensionality and I/O implementation.

Do earlier versions of FLASH work for you?

Chris