[FLASH-USERS] particle ADVMETHOD declaration missing from documentation?

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 27 17:35:03 EDT 2012

Dean,
What you have done is right, and I still can't believe that I
completely missed documenting it though all the evidence is
that I did. It will certainly be fixed, thanks for catching it.
Anshu

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Dean Townsley <Dean.M.Townsley at ua.edu>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on porting some stuff from flash3.3 to flash4.0.
>
> I'm not sure if this is an oversight or just something still on the todo
> list, but I figured it was worth mentioning...
>
> It does not appear that the additional ADVMETHOD clause required by the
> PARTICLETYPE declaration is documented in the user's guide.  I'm looking
> here:
> http://flash.uchicago.edu/**site/flashcode/user_support/**
> flash4_ug/node9.html#**SECTION03252000000000000000<http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug/node9.html#SECTION03252000000000000000>
>
> Perhaps it's just sitting somewhere else and just this part didn't get
> updated?  I just used "rungekutta" like some of the other setups, but I
> wanted to confirm this was okay by checking the documented options.  I
> didn't dig through the code.
>
> I think what I've done is right, so just consider it a documentation
> request.
>
> Thanks for the release!
>
> Dean

Anshu Dubey
Associate Director and CS/Applications Group Leader          5747 S. Ellis
Avenue, # 317.
Flash Center for Computational Science                                773
834 2999 (office)
Fellow, Computation
Institute                                                  312 420 0033
(mobile)
University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory        773 834 3230
(fax)