[FLASH-USERS] HDF5 serial with LaserSlab

Robert Crowston rhc504 at york.ac.uk
Sun Apr 21 16:34:21 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to get FLASH 4.0.1 up and running on Mac OS 10.8.3.

I have "./setup Sedov -auto" and "./setup Sedov -auto +hdf5" running
no problem and I can examine the output of the latter with VisIt.

Now I'm trying a more intensive problem, the LaserSlab setup from the
manual. I try to setup with +hdf5 instead of +hdf5typeio, for serial
HDF5 support instead of parallel HDF5. (I'm having trouble building
HDF5 with parallel support here, but I understand parallel support
isn't required.)

However, the linker fails with
'Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_H5Pset_dxpl_mpio",
referenced from  _io_h5read_unknowns_ in io_h5read_unknowns.o [...]'
_H5Pset ... is a parallel symbol. I'm not sure why it's being called
... any ideas??

Thanks!
Rob

--