[FLASH-USERS] Segmentation fault.

Carolina Pepe carolina.pepe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:36:05 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I've been working with a 1d spherical configuration of FLASH.
Now, I'm trying to read some tabulated values from a .dat file and change
how certain variables are calculated. This reading is done in
Driver_sourceTerms and Gravity_accelOneRow.

Besides this reading, no major changes have been done (just some little
algebra with the read values).

However, i get this error:

mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 3141 on node blackhole exited
on signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

right after the first evolution step. The strangest thing of all is that it
runs for certain combination of parameters (in the .par) but I get this
error for some other combination.  From what I've found around, it is
usually related to memory issues, but since I'm running it on a powerful
cluster, this shouldn't be an issue.

Should I have extra precautions when reading a file from FLASH?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help :)

Carolina

p.s. I added an error flag to check the opening of the file, and it opens
correctly.