[FLASH-USERS] update of total energy

Daniel Seifried dseifried at hs.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Aug 7 11:39:55 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a general question about the consistency between the total energy
(ENER_VAR), the internal energy (EINT_VAR) and the kinetic energy
calculated from the three velocity components.

I know that calling Eos_wrapped(some_mode) assures that pressure,
temperature and internal energy are consistent. However, as far as I can
see it does not affect the total energy, so that there might be a
difference between the total energy and the sum of the kinetic energy
and the (updated) thermal energy.

So my question is: do I have to update the total energy manually every
time the internal energy is changed or is this done somewhere else? If
not, it would probably be good to include this in Eos_wrapped (or some
follow-up routine)

Best,

Daniel Seifried