[FLASH-USERS] Minor bugs in MacLaurin spheroid test

Chenchong Zhu cczhu at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 14 12:44:52 EDT 2013

Hi FLASH users,

I'm currently playing with the MacLaurin spheroid example that comes with
FLASH to see how well the spheroid can be represented hydrodynamically.
 I'm not entirely certain, but I think I might have found two bugs in the
code though.

On line 78 of Simulation_init.F90 AA3 as written approaches 2/3 rather than
1 as sim_eccentricity goes to 0.  It obeys the proper limit if it's changed
to "AA3 = (3.0*sqrt...".

In Simulation_initBlock.F90, under case(sim_geom3DCartesian), vxfac and
vyfac have z-dependencies on their velocities.  They should be multiplied
by rxyinv = 1./sqrt(xdist**2 + ydist**2) rather than rinv if we want rigid
rotation.

Best,

Charles