[FLASH-USERS] Helmholtz test does not work.

Vincenzo Antonuccio-Delogu Vincenzo.Antonuccio at oact.inaf.it
Fri Dec 6 11:57:19 EST 2013

I have compiled and correctly run the unitTest/Eos/Helmholtz. However, when I
try to modify lrefine_min/max to be different from their default values (which
si 1), the test does not work. Here is the error message:

[7]  Newton-Raphson failed in routine Helmholtz Eos
[7]  (e and rho as input):
[7]
[7]  too many iterations
[7]
[1]  DRIVER_ABORT: [Eos] Error: too many iterations in Helmholtz Eos

Is this a general feature of the Helmholtz Eos implementatin? I mean: should
it be used without refinement?

     Vincenzo ANTONUCCIO-DELOGU

INAF/National Institute for Astrophysics, ITALY

Mob: +39 347 366 7984
skype: antonucciodelogu

e-mail: Vincenzo.Antonuccio at oact.inaf.it
'Recte sese laudare, cui nemo alius contigit laudator.'

[Those who can not find a praiser, become self-praisers]

(Erasmus of Rotterdam, Laus stultitiae, or
The praise of Folly)