[FLASH-USERS] initial conditions

Dean Townsley Dean.M.Townsley at ua.edu
Thu Dec 26 09:42:19 EST 2013

Hi Andrea,

I have done this by "overriding" the Simulation_adjustEvolution()
function.  (That is, copying the file Simulation_adjustEvolution.F90
into your SimulationMain sub-unit and then modifying it to do what you
want.)  This function is called after each time step, so you can put in
a check for the time and then do something to the grid at a certain time
in the simulation.  I have used this to run  a flat flame for a bit and
then add a small perturbation to its surface by shifting data.  You
should be able to do something similar to add a pressure pulse at a
particular time.

I hope that helps,
Dean