[FLASH-USERS] Compiling the latest FLASH on mac OSX (Lion)

Asif ud-Doula auu4 at psu.edu
Sun Feb 10 18:06:06 EST 2013

Hi,
I am attempting to compile the latest version on Mac OS X (Lion), but
had some trouble linking when testing with './setup Sedov -auto'. Here
is an excerpt from the compilation error:

   "__gfortran_transfer_character_write", referenced from:
       _driver_abortflash_ in Driver_abortFlash.o
       _driver_checkmpierrorcode_ in Driver_checkMPIErrorCode.o
       _driver_computedt_ in Driver_computeDt.o
       _driver_evolveflash_ in Driver_evolveFlash.o
       _driver_initflash_ in Driver_initFlash.o
       _driver_verifyinitdt_ in Driver_verifyInitDt.o
       _eos_ in Eos.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [flash4] Error 1

'uname -a' produces: 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Thu Aug 23
16:25:48 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

I am new MAc user, so I could easily be making a basic mistake. However,
I am using Xcode that comes with gfortran. I also installed the latest
stable version of OpenMPI.

Any suggestion will be welcome. Thanks in advance for your time,
Asif

-