[FLASH-USERS] Variable output format

Anthony Scopatz scopatz at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 15 11:27:55 EST 2013

Hello Henry,

If you simple, sane access to FLASH data, I recommend using yt (
http://yt-project.org/).  VisIt (https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/) also
works too.  The shape of the array corresponds to the setup of the blocks.

Be Well
Anthony

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Henry (Trae) Winter <
hwinter at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to plot the output from the NeiTest problem. I want to plot
> the fraction of the ion as a function of X.  I opened the hdf5 file and see
> the variables I need but I am confused by their shape.  The ion variables,
> as well as velocity and temperature have a shape of (5,1,8,8).  Does anyone
> know what these dimensions correspond to and/or how to map the variables to
> position?
>
> Thanks,
> -Trae

> Dr. Henry (Trae) Winter III
> Astrophysicist                          Tel:    617-495-7400
> Center for Astrophysics         Fax:   617-496-7577
> 60 Garden Street, MS 58         Cell:  617-755-7967
> Cambridge, MA 02138             hwinter at cfa.harvard.edu

Anthony Scopatz
Post-doctoral Scholar
The FLASH Center for Computational Science
Dept. of Astronomy and Astrophysics
The University of Chicago
cell: (512) U2-PU239
office: (773) 834-2705