[FLASH-USERS] Fatal error in MPI_Comm_create when I run Flash on Mac os x

Reem Alraddadi raba500 at york.ac.uk
Tue Jul 9 14:07:41 EDT 2013

Hi Klaus,

I am running laser slab example after I modified for three materials, and I
am using the following command :

/setup -auto Slab3 -2d +pm4dev  -nxb=16  -nyb=16  species=cham,targ,foil
+mtmmmt +mgd  mgd_meshgroups=6 -parfile=example.par +3t  -maxblocks=3000

I increased the maxblocks to 3000 as I used 6 level of AMR.In addition,
Yes, I am using hypre-2.9.0b with FLASH4.0.1. I will change it to
hypre-2.80b. However, the library that I used together with hypre to run
FLASH4.0.1 are:
1-MPICH-3.0.4
2.hdf5-1.8.9

However, may I ask different question here. Is increasing maxblocks to 3000
is fine to run with 4 GD memory of Mac? Do I need more memory in order to
increase the resolution here?

Thanks again,
Reem