[FLASH-USERS] buld problem, Makefile generation

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:57:54 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've run into a completely different flmake related problem.  Earlier,
following the Quickstart instructions (and after a bunch of fiddling with
the Makefile) I was able to get FLASH to build and then run successfully.
 But when I tried the flmake approach, the build failed with an odd error.
 The error was in the linking.

Comparing the successful Makefile and unsuccessful Makefile I got this from
diff:
51,52c51,52
< LIB := $(LIB_HDF5) $(LIB_MPI) $(LIB_OPT)
< CFLAGS := $(CFLAGS_HDF5) $(CFLAGS_OPT)
---
> LIB := $(LIB_HDF5) $(LIB_MPI) $(LIB)
> CFLAGS := $(CFLAGS_HDF5) $(CFLAGS_MPI) $(CFLAGS_OPT)
I edited the unsuccesful one and replaced the $(LIB) with $(LIB_OPT) and
removed $(CFLAGS_MPI) (though I think the latter has no effect) and voila,
success again.

So my question is, is that a bug in flmake that causes the generated
Makefile to use $(LIB) in that place instead of $(LIB_OPT)?  Or do I have
some odd configuration that causes that.  I'm not so clear on how the
Makefile is generated.

Jon
Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
fax: (617) 496-7577            USA