[FLASH-USERS] buld problem, Makefile generation

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 14 13:53:46 EDT 2013

Hi Anthony,

So I did leave something out of my message.  That is that when, today, I did
./setup Sedov -auto
(in the main FLASH directory) and then
cd object
make
I had the same problem as with using flmake.  But when I followed the same
steps a few days ago, I didn't have this problem.  The only thing that has
changed in the meantime is that I used flmake.  So it seems to me that
flmake must have generated some file that has changed the way setup creates
the Makefile.
The flmake commands were (in a sub-directory temp under main dir):
flmake setup Sedov -auto
flmake build

Which routine actually writes the Makefile?  It seems to involve a bunch of
routines in FLASH4.0.1/bin, at least using setup.

Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
fax: (617) 496-7577            USA

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Anthony Scopatz <scopatz at flash.uchicago.edu