[FLASH-USERS] Three species in LaserSlab example

Reem Alraddadi raba500 at york.ac.uk
Tue May 28 09:59:57 EDT 2013

Dear all,

 I am trying to define three different species in LaserSlab example in
planar target and also trying to add sinusoidal perturbations in the
interface of the two materials. I used the same method to define the
species high in the initBlock when I modified the file but it doesn’t work
well with me. I can not see the three species, only the CHAM_SPEC  filled
the whole vaccum. My modifying for three  species is as following:

           xarg= xcent(i) * sim_kx

           sim_pertubHeight  = sim_interface + &

                               sim_amplitude * cos(xarg)

              if ( xcent(i) <= sim_targetRadius &

               .and. ycent(j) >= sim_vacuumHeight &

                .and. ycent(j) <= sim_targetHeight &

                 + sim_vacuumHeight) then

                  species = TARG_SPEC

              else if ( xcent(i) <= sim_targetRadius .and. &

              ycent(j) >= sim_vacuumHeight + sim_pertubHeight.and. &

              ycent(j) <= sim_targetHeight + sim_vacuumHeight ) then

                    species = FOIL_SPEC

              else

                   species = CHAM_SPEC

              end if

I manage to do it for only two materials but I did not get the real
thickness as I really want for each material. It was as the half of vacuum
is filled with CHAM_SPEC and the another half is filled with TRAG_SPEC. My
modifying for two species:

           if ( xcent(i) <= sim_targetRadius) then

                species = CHAM_SPEC

                species = TARG_SPEC

           end if

           if ( ycent(j) <= sim_targetHeight + sim_vacuumHeight) species =
CHAM_SPEC

           if ( ycent(j) >= sim_vacuumHeight )   species = TARG_SPEC

Is there a way to define the three species correctly? Or is there a way to
define the correct thickness of two species and make the rest of the
vacuumHeight empty?
Thanks for your help,
Reem