[FLASH-USERS] Reading data using MATLAB

John ZuHone jzuhone at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue May 28 13:42:27 EDT 2013

Hi Graeme,

Unfortunately I don't have that much experience with MATLAB, but I thought I would take a moment to at least say you should have a look at yt:

http://yt-project.org

which is in Python, and already has much of what you'd probably want to do with FLASH data already running out of the box without you needing to apply much effort hopefully. With Python and NumPy together you have something that is pretty similar to MATLAB:

www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Users

(though the SciPy website doesn't seem to be responding at the moment.)

Best,

John ZuHone