[FLASH-USERS] Multigrid Poisson Solver- Direct solver: Details on the Prolongation procedure (Ricker, 2008)

Marco Mazzuoli marco.mazzuoli at unige.it
Tue Nov 12 09:37:20 EST 2013

    Dear FLASH users and developers,

could somebody give me some more details about the interpolation procedure implemented in gr_hgProlongBndries.F90 by the direct solver of the multigrid Poisson solver to prolong the solution at the boundaries of each block.
In other words, I would like to know how the interpolating coefficients used by Ricker (``A direct multigrid Poisson solver for oct-tree adaptive meshes'', The astrophysical journal supplement series, 300, 2008) and defined in gr_hgInit.F90 (i.e. the variables Pns, Pew, Pud) have been obtained. In particular, where the origin of the interpolation is located? In which sense the procedure is "conservative?"

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best regards,

    Marco Mazzuoli

Dr. Marco Mazzuoli
Department of Civil, Chemical and