[FLASH-USERS] Turn off checkpoint files in FLASH3.2?

David david.john.williamson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 10:54:45 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm doing a bunch of runs that are too quick to be worth restarting half-way through, and the precision of the plot files is more than enough for what I'm doing. So I'd like to turn off the initial & final dumps of the checkpoint files, because each of these takes about 10x of the space of a plot file. I can switch off the the periodic dumps (in wall-clock time, iterations, and simulation time), but I can't find where to turn off the initial dump - indeed I haven't yet tracked down where IO_outputFinal and IO_outputInitial are even called in the code.

Is there a parameter to switch off all checkpoint dumps, or will I have to comment out a couple of lines & recompile?

Cheers,
-David W