[FLASH-USERS] T electron error from 3D laser slab example

Tommasini, Riccardo tommasini2 at llnl.gov
Wed Oct 23 17:35:07 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I am new to FLASH4 therefore I apologize in advance if this issue has been already discussed ( I  was not able to find it in the FLASH user archives though).

I had no problems running the Laser Slab example in 2D, however when I run the 3D case  the simulation ended up with the error reported below, indicating negative electron temperature was generated.

"
 *** Wrote checkpoint file to lasslab_hdf5_chk_0007 ****
….
….
 Driver_abort called. See log file for details.
 Error message is [ed_traceBlockRays3DRec] ERROR: Tele <= 0 for a cell (target)
 Calling MPI_Abort() for shutdown in   2 seconds!

application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0
"

The setup command I used for the simulation is:

./setup.py -auto LaserSlab -noc -3d +pm4dev +hdf5typeio -nxb=16 -nyb=16 -nzb=16 +mtmmmt +laser +mgd +uhd3t species=cham,targ mgd_meshgroups=6 -parfile=example3d.par -objdir=obj_LaserSlab3D

None of the files has been modified from the original distribution.

Any ideas about what I could be missing?

Thanks,

Riccardo