[FLASH-USERS] cooling and heating in FLASH4?

K. Murawski kmur at kft.umcs.lublin.pl
Wed Oct 30 03:35:59 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I am trying without any success to implement cooling and heating terms
in FLASH4. To do so, I copied

FLASH2.5/source/source_terms/Cool

and

FLASH2.5/source/source_terms/Heat

into

FLASH4/source/physics/sourceTerms

and radloss.F90 and Heat.F90 into my problem directory. In these files
I added in radloss.F90 and Heat.F90 lines like

  print*, ' hello from Heat'

But they were never executed. In Config I wrote

#  heating and cooling
REQUIRES physics/source/sourceTerms/Heat/HeatMain/StatPlusGauss
REQUIRES physics/source/sourceTerms/Cool/CoolMain/Radloss

while in flash.par I have

#  cooling
icool = 1

#  heating
iheat = 1

But it does not help either.

Would you mind telling me what else should be done to have radloss.F90
and Heat.F90 working? Thank you in advance for your help.

Happy flashing,

Kris