[FLASH-USERS] StirTurb Restart

Evan Scannapieco evan.scannapieco at asu.edu
Mon Sep 9 12:55:01 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

So I have a problem.  I can't do a restart for the StirTurb problem.  I've run StirTurb problems of many kinds for quite a while now, but have never been able to restart them, neither on our local cluster, nor on XSEDE resources. This time we must restart, as there is no workaround for the problem we are trying to do.

Clearly it has something to do with IO_writeUserArray.F90 and IO_readUserArray.F90 and how they link with the hdf5 and such. Dean Townsley and Bob Fisher suggested that this might have to with hdf5 flags choice I have tried with and without parallel IO, without and without the --with-default-api-version=v16 flag on, on both FLASH 3.2 and FLASH 4,  And thus far I failed to come up with any combination that gives successful results.

So I'm wondering if you any one has an idea what is the combination of:
hdf5 version and compiler flags used when building it (Id prefer serial version if possible)
MPI version (and type such as openmp, mvapich, mvapich2, etc.)
Compiler (hopefully intel is okay) and if so which version of intel compilers? 13?
FLASH version and flags (I'd prefer if I can do it with FLASH4, but can live with 3.2 also).

Has given people good results with a restart.

Thanks in advance!

Evan