[FLASH-USERS] External forcing

Christoph Federrath christoph.federrath at monash.edu
Tue Apr 29 13:39:56 EDT 2014

Dear Andrea, Norbert, Bob,

the most recent version of the stirring module includes a proper decomposition into solenoidal and compressible modes and is available in the current FLASH release. See the User Guide, Sections "16.3.2 Stir Unit: FromFile Implementation", Section "16.3.3 Using the StirFromFile Unit", and Section 16.3.4 Stirring Unit Test:
http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p2.pdf

The relevant paper for this driving module is:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2010A%26A...512A..81F

Please let me know if you have any questions about this implementation.

Kind regards,

Christoph

Dr. Christoph Federrath
Monash Centre for Astrophysics,