[FLASH-USERS] Flash 4 issues with mpich

Pierre Gourdain pag89 at cornell.edu
Sat Aug 2 09:15:28 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to run examples from the Flash4 code and all the ones I
tried so far (Sedov,Noh,CurrentSheet) do not work with MPI when more
than two processes are involved. The common errors are zero density at
some points in the grid or an illegal free memory. Less than or equal to
two work fine (including mesh refinement) and I can read the outputs in
Visit.

All libraries have been compiled using the newest  intel fortran and c++
compilers, including mpich. I have many other codes which run with mpich
using this compiler. Does any one have some experience in resolving this
issue?

Best

Pierre

--