[FLASH-USERS] MHD problem

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 5 09:47:08 EST 2014

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, clopezsisterna at casleo.gov.ar wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I'm trying to setup a new problem to simulate the interaction between the
> Solar Wind and a comet, but I'm having some troubles adding a term to MHD
> equations. To do this I modify "hy_8wv_sweep.F90", it seems that the
> program goes inside the loops, but the results aren't correct. I don't
> know if I forgot to change or add something. I attached the file.

Cecilia,

Please do not e-mail whole files from the FLASH source (modified or not)
to public lists. That amounts to redistributing the FLASH code, and I
believe you have no license to do that.

I am not familiar with the physics of what you are trying to simulate but
there are some basics questions:

 * Does this belong inside the Hydro unit it all?  Or should this by done
   as a separate source term unit (called maybe from Driver_sourceTerms)?
 * Why do you need to use the old 8-wave MHD implementation?
   In general, if you need MHD in FLASH, we recommend the Unsplit
   Staggered Mesh implementation.

Finally, to get more specific help from other FLASH users, you will have
to give details on what you are trying to do, and the results you get.