[FLASH-USERS] Seg Fault in Optimized UHD Solver

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Thu Dec 18 18:43:55 EST 2014

Hi all, I'm experiencing a segmentation fault at line 117
in hy_uhd_upwindTransverseFlux.F90 in FLASH 4.2.2 when taking the very
first hydro step. It appears that the transverse flux array is not defined
for some reason. I've also noticed, oddly, that the "transOrder" option
does not appear with the +uhd flag, but only when I include the unit in my
Config file, however, adding this unit does not solve the seg fault. When I
switch to the unoptimized solver (+uhdold), the code *does* work. Here is
my setup line:

./setup MultiTidal -noclobber -maxblocks=500 -nxb=8 -nyb=8 -nzb=8 -auto -3d
-objdir=object_multitidal +newMpole +parallelIO +pm4dev +uhd

Included units:

REQUIRES Driver
REQUIRES Simulation/SimulationComposition
REQUIRES Multispecies/MultispeciesMain
REQUIRES physics/sourceTerms/Cool/CoolMain
REQUIRES IO
REQUIRES IO/IOMain/hdf5/parallel/PM

And modified core files:

Simulation_initSpecies.F90