[FLASH-USERS] Lay tracing on 2D cylindrical MHD simulation?

pchang pchang at lle.rochester.edu
Sun Jun 29 22:14:35 EDT 2014

Hello to all,
We would like to simulate laser-driven implosion of a cylindrical target
embedded with magnetic field. By looking through the user guide, it
looks like Flash has the capability for 2D simulation in cylindrical
coordinate, which is what we are interested in. For the lay tracing
(laser absorption), it is not cleared to me if the ray tracing package
is capable for cylindrical coordinate.
So, my question is: Is lay tracing in 2D cylindrical (r,z) MHD
simulation available?
Thank you.

Po-Yu Chang
Postdoc