[FLASH-USERS] Disable particles

pchang pchang at lle.rochester.edu
Tue Nov 18 15:13:41 EST 2014

Hi all,
I am doing simulation for imploding cylindrical target using lasers. I
am using the hydrodynamics units and don't use the particles unit. In
the list of RuntimeParameters in the log file, I also have
useparticles=F. So, I believe I don't have the particles unit in the
simulations. It works fine when I have less than two laser beams.
However, when I added more beams, the simulation stopped and gave an error:

  Overflow! Mesh PE           9 , gettingFrom           2 ,
recvCount        8068 , max particles       10000
  DRIVER_ABORT: [gr_ptMove]: Insufficient space in particles
communication buffer: increase pt_maxPerProc

So, my questions are:

(1) I thought the particle unit was not used. Why did it consider the
number of max particles.
(2) If I have to have the particle unit, when can I increase
pt_maxPerProc ? in the flash.par? or as setup variable?

Thank you,

Po-Yu

--
Po-Yu Chang