[FLASH-USERS] SYSTEM OF UNITS AND TOTAL MASS IN 2D

Marko Pavlovic marko at matf.bg.ac.rs
Wed Nov 19 05:37:43 EST 2014

Dear all Flash users,

I need an advice concerning system of units and setting
appropriate initial conditions. As I've read from the user's
guide, the default system of units in FLASH is CGS. Does this
mean that all test cases included in /SimulationMain folder
have their initial condition given in CGS?

And the most important question ... I'm running some
simulation in 2D and I need to have some given total mass
(let's say in grams) inside some radius. How to set density
inside this region (it should be in g/cm^3) so that total
mass is equal to some required quantity?
Simply speaking, how to calculate mass of 2D object? :)
Of course, for 3D case all of this is trivial.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Marko Pavlovic

 | MSc Marko Pavlovic: marko at matf.bg.ac.rs  |   Department of Astronomy   |
 | ============== or marko at math.rs          |   Faculty of Mathematics    |
 | Junior Researcher                        |                             |