[FLASH-USERS] Question of 3D ray tracing in 2D simulation

pchang pchang at lle.rochester.edu
Mon Nov 24 16:05:39 EST 2014

Hi all,
I am testing the 3D ray tracing in 2D cylindrical coordinate.
I put one beam incident on my target on the plane of y=0.
I also put another beam incident on my target on the plane of x=0.
When I look at the "RayData" in the output file, it has five columns for
(tag,x,y,z,power). For cylindrical coordinate, (x,y,z) should correspond
to (r,z,theta). Therefore, for the beam on y=0 plane, theta should equal
to 90 or 270 degree. And for the beam on x=0 plane, theta should equal
to 0 or 180. However, they are all "0". So does it mean the beam is
always projected to theta=0 in the simulation?

Cheers,

Po-Yu

--
Po-Yu Chang