[FLASH-USERS] 'forced' output unavailable for restart

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 14 15:44:35 EDT 2014

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014, Mario Manuel wrote:

> Thanks Suoqing.
>
> Forcing FLASH to ignore the forced plot file allowed the program to
> restart correctly. I don?t know why it couldn?t make that file
> correctly, but by setting ignoreForcedPlot = .true. , the simulation
> started using the correct check file and wrote a new plot file from that
> initial condition, based and used the plotFileNumber at that beginning
> overwriting the existing file if necessary.

My suspicion is that the filename constructed by FLASH for the "forced"
file ended up being too long, and that this somehow caused problems.
Note that the filename in the following message appears truncated to 80
characters:

  open: name=/home/mmanuel/scratch/FLASH_Outputs/AblRTnoB_300GW/AblRTnoB_forced_hdf5_plt_cnt_

(Several digits should follow).