[FLASH-USERS] resolving small scales on a large domain

Mario Manuel mmanuel at umich.edu
Tue Sep 16 12:24:41 EDT 2014

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the quick response. Using the lrefine_min_init=2 (I also did =3) worked fine and with lrefine_max set 8 gives me a few resolution elements for the amplitude of the perturbation. I have also updated the domain and nblockx/nblocky to reflect a square cell.

… now if I only had some more processors to run the simulation on. :)

Any thoughts on setting -maxblocks in the setup file? I originally had the default (1000 I think), and I’ve now upped it to 5000. My computer hasn’t exploded yet, but I’m not really familiar with what determines an optimum number for maxblocks.

Cheers,
Mario

______________________________________

Dr. Mario Manuel
Einstein Postdoctoral Fellow, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
mmanuel at umich.edu
617-899-8381

University of Michigan
Space Research Building