[FLASH-USERS] 2D cylindrical geometry using FLASH4.2.2 unsplit solver

Konstantin Manukovskiy manu at itep.ru
Fri Apr 17 06:15:47 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to simulate 2D case with non-cartesian grid using unsplit hydro
solver. According to user guide (Non-Cartesian Grid Support) now it is
possible to use unsplit solver with 2D cylindrical r-theta geometry. Table
8.7 describes grid implementations. As far as understand to use 2D
cylindrical r-theta geometry (with omitted dimension z) I have to specify
'polar' geometry. But when I try to run simulation I obtain abort message
'Error message is [Hydro_init]: Spherical coordinates are not supported in
the unsplit solvers'.

Thanks,
Konstantin.